Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Busy Weekend

http://personals.yahoo.com/us/personals-1093401040-078375

Whew. Finally have a few minutes to sit back and reflect on the weekend. Friday nights at home don't get much better than they did this Friday. :) Good times. Saturday was fun. Although the seminar was geared more toward writers than illustrators. Which I can see why, as there were probably 6 or 7 writers for every illustrator. YAY!! Less competition for me! So I made some connections there, got some questions answered and had some of my own ideas on how to market my work validated by some people in the industry. Overall, a productive, albeit non-job-creating day. Got home and got to randomly talking to this girl who I met through Yahoo Personals. The conversation went something like this.

Her: I'm hungry.
Me: What are you going to do about that?
Her: Are you asking me out to dinner?
Me: Eeerrrr.....I am?
Her: It sounds like you're asking me out.
Me: I am?
Her: Where are you going to take me?
Me: Uuuhhh.....where do you want to go?
Her: I don't know, you're the one who asked me out! :)
Me: I did?

And so we ended up at a bar near her around 10ish and talked till about 1 in the morning before she decided it was dancing time. I think I was the only white guy in the joint on the floor, but I held my own pretty well. :) I still can't lead though. Wiggling my hips works for me, but not in time with a woman! We're working on it though. Tonight we're going to a place called the Melting Pot. One of those new-fangled Fondue restaurants. I hear it's pretty good, but a little on the expensive side. Oh well. She's a lot of fun, and scarily like me in her thought processes. We were up till 5 in the morning talking last night. Exciting! Strange and new, but exciting!

No comments: