Saturday, September 10, 2005

Rant Time

Can I just say that I fucking hate it when people try to be the voice of my conscience. Now I will admit, that I like a drink from time to time. I probably drink once or twice a week. On bad weeks, I might drink once every couple of nights, but I feel that I am in no way an alcoholic. Typically I can't even drink at parties because everyone is so busy getting drunk that I have to stay sober to drive the older folk home. No one remembers that shit. They only remember that I end up having like 8 six packs lying on the floor next to my computer because I'm too much of a lazy ass to go and recycle them like I should instead of just throwing them in the regular trash at home. I tend to like to build them up a bit so I'm not making crazy trips there every week, but even that's dumb because I could walk there from my house! So that's my fault for being a slob I guess. But it makes it look like I /always/ have beer lying around. And even if I did, at least I'm not driving anywhere and doing that! I'm at home, having a few beers at the end of the day! Fuck me if I have a few vices. But, in the interest of fair play (and to show these fuckers up for their high and mighty fucking attitudes) I'm done with the drinking. At least a year, maybe more. Who knows. Maybe I won't touch a drink till my bachelor party or when I get my first book published. That sounds like an honroable time to have a drink. But with all the fucking parties this family has, and all the alcochol they shovel down their throats, to call me an alcholic seems just a teeny bit hipocritical. Just a bit. Fuckers

No comments: