Saturday, August 07, 2004

So. It's been one hell of a week. Started and finished a whole bottle of wine on Sunday, which led to me being extremely late for work on Monday, which means no more drinking on Sunday nights. I was on a shoe string there for a bit, but considering my coworker is basically forcing the company's hand with her antics, I think I'm still flying under the radar a bit. Monday night I went running, and didn't think to stretch out before I started, so I pulled the muscle in my calf. That was an odd experience. Never pulled a muscle before. It's like a permanent cramp. So I was laid up half the night. Luckily it only lasted a few days and things seem back to normal now. On Tuesday, I had to get an ultrasound on my lower extremeties (yes, the private ones you don't care to show people in public) to see if the growth I'd been feeling since January was something to worry about. Luckily it isn't, just some inflamation of the epididimus (say it three times fast), but the funny thing was, the girl who did the test remembered me from two years ago! She's cute and all, but having your tea bag scoped doesn't really lend itself well to talking all smooth and suave. Anyway, I had had an ultrasound on my liver two years ago, and I had one of my famous laughing fits while she was running this probe all over my stomach. At one point she had to stop because she was laughing so hard. So it's nice that I'm remembered. :) I'm thinking of sending some flowers over there with a thank you card. But that will have to wait till I have money!. So let's see. Wednesday......Wednesday was hump day, you decide how to take that. Thursday was recovery from hump day and last night we had our fantasy football draft. (One of 3 for me, ans I will have 2 more before the month is out.) Had a good time with the peeps who showed up. One guy was a no-show, but my cousin filled in. Her and her friend (yes, we have women in our league!) managed to put together a nice little team. Thank god, because it would have been a mess if they couldn't. That leads me to today, and dragging my ass around all day since I stayed up till almost 2 doing the draft last night.

All in all, a fairly active week for a guy who has $4 in his checking account. :)

No comments: