Sunday, October 17, 2004

Sitting around, sick in bed all day will do three things to you. First, you'll watch a lot of TV. Second, you'll do a lot of thinking. And third, because of all the sleeping you've done during the day, you can't get to bed at night. So what better time to do a little blogging. I somehow managed to watch Down with Love, Something's Gotta Give, and When Harry Met Sally all in one day. And of course it does the one thing I don't really care to do right now, make me think about relationships. It's funny how you run so hard from something, yet it keeps pullin gyou back in. I feel like AL Pacino in the Godfather. Some day I'll have my head around my own life, and maybe I'll be able to enjoy life with someone else. Of course, the question begs to be asked, does anyone ever have a complete handle on their situation? I always laugh at people who say they aren't ready for kids yet. Either they don't have enough money, or time, or whatever to afford one, but in all honesty, no one is ever ready. You just do it because that's how it goes. You handle the situation, it becomes another part of your life that you deal with. Same thing with love. Too bad I seem to handle it badly. Case in point. This girl at the jewelers next door. Tried to ask her out, it bombed. Another girl I tried to meet up with, totally trashed when I got there and being hit on about 3 or 4 guys while she was in said condition. Not the kind of girl for me. And then there's the 54 year old who is most likely either too busy, or not interested. Whatever the case, it's funny how the comedy of errors piles up after a while. Not that I'm complaining. I don't have any regrets about how things have turned out. I just look at it all in retrospect and chalk it up to life's ups and downs. I've had great times, I've had bad times, but they all helped me be who I am today (for better or worse). And I think I'm at the point now where I'm just thinking out loud. So I should probably stop. There's always tomorrow..... ;)

No comments: