Sunday, February 15, 2004

I was sitting there today, watching the Daytona 500 (which I won with a bet on Dale Earnhardt jr. :p ) and noticed my cousin and his new girlfriend holding hands. And it was like that new relationship holding hands, brushing fingers back and forth along each other's hands and what not, and it got me to thinking. That's what I really miss about being in a relationship. It's not the sex, or running around doing crazy stuff, or anything fickle like that. It basically comes down to two things. Holding hands and cuddling. I know if I were in a new relationship, it would be very hard to hold back my feelings of relief and joy that someone cared about me again. It's something I think all of us who have been "without" for a while have trouble doing. It's so easy to just jump right in and be totally enamoured with this new person to the point where you get attached way too early and become dependant upon this other person. I know I've felt like that before, and it feels great at the time, but it can come back to bite you so quickly. But god, it felt wonderful just to be in the room with something like that. And even if their relationship doesn't work out, I'm glad I was there to see them holding hands. It brought me back to a happy place I guess. And that, in and of itself was a good thing. :) And that's why I love Valentine's Day. I know a lot of people don't agree with it and all, but I've never been with someone on that day, and I'd love to just do something very special for that. Maybe some day. :)

No comments: