Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Well. It was just about everything I expected. there were about 240,000 people at Churchill Downs between the two days of racing and it was packed!! I spent about 16 hours on average at the track since we had to man a booth at the paddock selling memorabilia to get in for free, but most of my time was spent running around with Nick (my cousin for those who aren't in the know), seeing how many places our employee passes could get us into. Pretty much everywhere it seems. :) I think I saw races from every angle on the track. The infield. Millionaire's row (were the important people are supposed to be I guess), different parts of the grandstand, and the paddock. Big screen TVs everywhere so you can see the race while they run on the other side of the track from you. The weather was utter crap, but it didn't stop people from having a good time. Even when it was raining like the end of the world! I loved it. I have tons of stories, but they'd take forever to tell on here. Good times though. And some awesome pics. :)

No comments: